- Commerce, Not Conspiracy: – Advertising #3
- Commerce, Not Conspiracy: Fflock gallery exhibition 2010 – Advertising #2
- Paramount Pictures: Star Trek: Voyager, ‘Seven of Nine’ boxset concept art
- Learning Blender: Day 1 of learning Blender and the Donut tutorial
Day 1 of learning Blender and the Donut tutorial
- China 2008: Adventures in teaching and a Visiting Professorship
- Control Projects 3?
Posters: A series of posters developed from an original project called ‘Just Undo It’ as a commentary on Nike and advertising. After receiving a ‘cease and desist’ for the original project I turned it around and created this set (which a few additions).
- NFT at 50: Poster campaign and design
- Union Générale Cinématographique (UGC): Amelie – Poster campaign
- Creative Capital – exhibition design
- FilmFour and Warner Bros: Charlotte Gray – Concept Art
- Universal Pictures: About A Boy – Concept Art
- MGM / Eon Productions: James Bond ‘Die Another Day’ – Campaign concepts
Sketches: Jerry Paris
- Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation: Moulin Rouge! Campaign and poster concepts
- The Celt Experience brewery – Design and strategy
Design and strategy consultancy work for The Celt Experience brewery
- The One Club Creative Boot Camp – Education
- Alacrity Foundation – Consultancy
September 2013 – June 2014 working with a team at the Alacrity Foundation Graduate Entrepreneurship Training Programme on developing an academic social media platform.
- Identica Live Brief – Student projectThe BA (Hons) Advertising Design students have once again been involved in working with a London-based agency for the 5th year running after previous students set high standards by completing briefs such as concepts for Fat Face 2010 billboard campaign and a challenging Tesco live Brief. The second year advertising design students have been asked to complete a 6 week ‘Live Brief’ module with the agency Identica. The brief set this year by Franco Bonadio the CEO of Identica involves a new and upcoming Russian Vodka Brand. The 25 students travelled up to the London based agency in February to have the brief delivered by Franco and to meet the rest of the design team. Franco has since then made two visits to Newport in which students such as Rich Palmer and Danny Creevy had to present their pitches so far. Danny Creevy, originally from Leeds, West Yorkshire and currently taking part in this experience said: “The opportunity to work with someone like Franco, was amazing, as well as utterly petrifying. The whole experience has challenged my perceptions, especially in terms of design. The feedback we received helped us narrow down the concept idea, of which we’d struggled to agree on. Gave us a platform to push ourselves further and create a concept that we feel is strong and works. I think the overall brief has helped me develop a lot as a young professional.” The student’s final pitches are due in March and with expectations high from their initial presentations and previous years work, it is sure to be an exciting and nerve racking experience. PR story by Stephanie Hobbs, BA (Hons) Advertising Design student
- Aneurin Bevan Health Board – Sandpit Ideation session: Serious Play Lego
- Adam & Eve DDB – Education
Sian Coole and Jo Cresswell came back to join us for the day on Friday 15th November 2013
Graduates of Advertising at Newport and now a creative team at adam & eve ddb.
adam & eve ddb are responsible for the £7 million John Lewis Christmas campaign this year.
Jo and Sian are the team behind the £20 million Flora campaign for Unilever.
A great day of scripts, stories. presentations, behind the scenes and a catch up with the girls.
- Pure Emerald – Consultancy
A busy December with the added and welcome complication of working with SEO and online developers Pure Emerald on their first ever foray in to the world of advertising.
Lots of strategy meetings and the development of a integrated campaign were top of the list.
Having already establishing the ‘Keeping Britain nuts for generations’ campaign positioning statement, the team went on to promote a #tomface print, online and viral campaign.
- Curio Agency – Corporate mailer: Graphic design of mailer for advertising agency
- Touchstone Pictures: Signs – Planning
- Buena Vista International UK: Spy Kids 2 – Design concepts
- Drawing in Adobe Ideas – Education
- Philips Interactive – Campaign and designCampaign and design concepts
- BBC Radio Wales: Jason Mohammad Show talking racism and Tom and Jerry (audio file)Commenting on the #Independent article; It’s a cartoon catfight: Tom and Jerry fans angry at Warner Brothers’ decision to exclude racially sensitive episodes from new collection http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/its-a-cartoon-cat-fight-tom-and-jerry-fans-angry-at-warner-brothers-decision-to-exclude-racially-sensitive-episodes-from-new-collection-8755956.html
- Johnson & Johnson pitch: Tailor Made, Medical ExcellenceLines on body appear as tailoring marks. Copy: “Tailor Made, Medical Excellence Student / lecturer project
- Art Flash print ads
- Cartoon Network (Poland): print ad
- Cartoon Network Annual: colour work
- ntl / Cartoon Network co-op print ad
- Cartoon Network: Mucha Lucha poster
- Cartoon Network: We’re No.1! – Print Ad
Print Ad, concept, design, layout, illustrator work and colour work – Don Parker. Illustration Alex Potts.
- Boomerang: Jackass Spoof Ad
- CNX Print Ad
- Cartoon Network: B2B Direct Marketing: B2B Direct Marketing: Inflatable Chair Concepts
- Cartoon Network: B2B ‘Help!’ Calendar – Concepts and design
- Paramount Pictures: Star Trek: Generations ‘Q’ – DVD packaging
- Sony Pictures: MIB2 – Advertising campaign
- Paramount Pictures: Mean Machine – Advertising design concepts
Design concepts, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Distinguished Features: Puckoon – Poster design
- Paramount Pictures: Star Trek: Nemesis – Concepts and campaign
Concept design and campaign art direction
- Sky Pictures: The Escapist – Concept posters and final artwork with Andy Tulip
- Momentum Pictures: The Contender – Poster concepts
- Universal Pictures: Red Dragon – Advertising campaign and concepts
- United Artists: City Of Ghosts – Poster concepts
- FilmFour: Ali G In Da House – Poster concepts
- Paramount Pictures: Jackass the movie – Advertising campaign concepts
- Hip Bop Records: Bop City – Hip Strut
Design and Photography: Don Parker
- Hip Bop Records: Organic Grooves
- CMP Records: The World Drums and Percussion – Volume Two
Photography: Michael Banks
- Silva Screen Records: Lawrence of Arabia OST
- Hip Bop Records: Afrocubano Chant Two
Photography: Michael Banks
- John Carpenter’s Escape From New York OST
- Silva Screen Records: Zbigniew Preisner
Design: Don Parker
- Psycho – The Essential Alfred Hitchcock
- Silva Classics: Lesley Garrett – Soprano In Red
Design: Don Parker
- Commerce, Not Conspiracy: Fflock gallery exhibition 2010 – Advertising #1
- Johnson & Johnson: Madison Pierce: Glue HeartA coil of glue slowly forms a heart shape as it is squirted from the tube. Copy: “Ethicon: Dermabond. No Trauma. All heart
- Johnson & Johnson: Madison Pierce: CredoThe Johnson & Johnson ‘Credo’ (or “Mission Statement”) animated. Student / lecturer project
- Johnson & Johnson: Madison Pierce: Right Tools, Wrong JobUmbrella golf club Copy: “Right Tools, Wrong Job Student / lecturer project
- Johnson & Johnson: Madison Pierce: Stuck On YouA panning shot of a long kiss by two young people. We are expressing the bonding quality of the product along with the association of the human bond. Copy: ‘Stuck on You Student / lecturer project
- Johnson & Johnson: Madison Pierce: A Field Of Our OwnA man sips champagne in an empty field. Copy: “Victyl Plus: A different class of suture ” Student / lecturer project
- Johnson & Johnson: Madison Pierce: Elastic TreeA man ties himself to a tree and then tries to run away, getting jerked back each time due to the resilience of the ‘thread’. Pure comedy. Copy: “Ethicon: Quality. PDS II. Support” Student / lecturer project
- Johnson & Johnson: Madison Pierce: RipA ‘documentary’ style Advertisement focusing on the age old problem of removing surgical plasters. Johnson and Johnson exudes confidence, quality brand recognition and comfort. This approach gives the product ownership of this domain. Johnson & Johnson can own;the concept of healing by focusing away from the pain and discomfort of surgery whilst looking towards healing with the advantageous use of correct humour. Student / lecturer project
- Diary Of A Madman
- A University Fashion Show I designed and ran with the technical team for 3 days in 2008
Fashion Show 3